LaSEEB (Evolutionary Systems and Biomedical Engineering Lab) has developed its research activity since November 1995 in the areas of Biomedical Engineering, Computational Intelligence, Evolutionary Systems, among others. The laboratory is located in the North Tower of the IST, and is associated with the ISR.
The initials LaSEEB stand for Laboratório de Sistemas Evolutivos e Engenharia Biomédica, which is Portuguese for Evolutionary Systems and Biomedical Engineering Lab.
- BioMedical Engineering (Sleep & Dreams, Cognition, Signal & Image Processing, Modeling)
- Bio-Inspired computing (Evolutionary Genetic Algorithms, Artificial Life, Evolutionary Ecology, Swarm Intelligence, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic)
- BioSystems Engineering (Multi-Scale System Modeling)
- BioInformatics (Computational Biology)
- e-Learning, e-Business, Search Engines, Semantic Web
- Homepage: https://wiki.laseeb.org/
Manager: Agostinho Rosa
Developer: Alexandre Calapez, Alexandre Fee, Ali Kordia, Ana Graça, Andreia Freitas, Bruno Martins, Carlos Fernandes, Carlos Isidoro, Carmo Moser, Daria Migotina, Fernando Melício, Gina Caetano, Janir da Cruz, Joana Pinto, João Rodrigues, João Semedo, Luis Ramalho, Nelson Perdigao, Nuno Fachada, Nuno Leite, Patricia Figueiredo, Rita Nunes, Rodolfo Abreu, Rogério Largo, Teresa Bucho, Vitor Lopes, Wenya Nan
Reporter: Alexandre Fee, Ali Kordia, Amparo Ruiz-Tagle, Ana Graça, Andreia Freitas, Carmo Moser, Gina Caetano, Janir da Cruz, Joana Pinto, Marta Ferreira, Nelson Perdigao, Patricia Ferreira, Patricia Figueiredo, Rita Nunes, Rodolfo Abreu, Teresa Bucho
PhD Thesis defense at FMH
Christophe Domingos, Salão Nobre, FMH, 3 PM, January 16th, 2020
New Doctor in town
Nuno Leite defended successfully his PhD Thesis last November 26th, 2019. Congrats!
Marco's EEG and Sound Estimulation Project reported on RTP1
"Outras Historias", RTP1 12th March 2019, Report and Interviewed of Marco Miranda at Laseeb-ISR-IST
Clock based encryption
Inês Esteves dedended successfully her degree in Biomedical Engineering Nov 2017