LaSEEB (Evolutionary Systems and Biomedical Engineering Lab) has developed its research activity since November 1995 in the areas of Biomedical Engineering, Computational Intelligence, Evolutionary Systems, among others. The laboratory is located in the North Tower of the IST, and is associated with the ISR.
The initials LaSEEB stand for Laboratório de Sistemas Evolutivos e Engenharia Biomédica, which is Portuguese for Evolutionary Systems and Biomedical Engineering Lab.
- BioMedical Engineering (Sleep & Dreams, Cognition, Signal & Image Processing, Modeling)
- Bio-Inspired computing (Evolutionary Genetic Algorithms, Artificial Life, Evolutionary Ecology, Swarm Intelligence, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic)
- BioSystems Engineering (Multi-Scale System Modeling)
- BioInformatics (Computational Biology)
- e-Learning, e-Business, Search Engines, Semantic Web
Manager: Agostinho Rosa
Developer: Alexandre Calapez, Alexandre Fee, Ali Kordia, Ana Graça, Bruno Martins, Carlos Fernandes, Carlos Isidoro, Carmo Moser, Daria Migotina, Fernando Melício, Gina Caetano, Janir da Cruz, Joana Pinto, João Rodrigues, João Semedo, Luis Ramalho, Nelson Perdigao, Nuno Fachada, Nuno Leite, Patricia Figueiredo, Rita Nunes, Rodolfo Abreu, Rogério Largo, Vitor Lopes, Wenya Nan
Nelson Pereira successfully defended his Ph.D Thesis with Distinction Illuminating the Dark Proteome 2017 Jan 6th DEIC
Horizontal course composed by a series of seminars by specialist from Champalimaud CU, FMUL and IST
ACM SAC 2017 - CIVIA Marrakesh, Morrocco
Monday April 3 to Friday April 7, 2017
BioTechniques news on Dark Proteome
Turning to the Dark Side of the Protein Universe 01/20/2016 Janelle Weaver, PhD